pretty in pink....

3:48 PM


First, let me start off by saying that my intention is never to criticize what choices someone has made in their home.  When I show examples of what NOT to do it is in the hopes of providing a different idea that might look better in the long run. That said, the MOST IMPORTANT part in any design project is if YOU like it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks so long as YOU are happy.

Maybe it's because I have 3 daughters that I often think about pink. More than likely though, it's because SO OFTEN people get it SO wrong. In all fairness, pink is a really hard color to get right - as far as painting walls goes.

Pink is such an overbearing color when it is painted on walls. Once it's up, color and saturation intensifies ten fold. For this reason I suggest never painting a wall solid pink. If you feel you MUST paint a wall pink, get a very very very VERY light tone OR break it up by painting stripes or pairing it with wainscoting or hardie board.

If you're trying to incorporate pink into a room, I suggest accessorizing with artwork, blankets, draperies, pillows, bedspreads, etc. The result will still be PINK but the outcome will look MUCH better!


Please please don't do this to your walls. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook