in the beginning...

4:04 PM


In 2012 my family and I decided to move on a whim. We found a wonderful house with wonderful bones but the inside needed a little (okay, a lot) of help. 

It wasn't that the things in the house were of poor quality it was just that EVERYTHING was outdated. Think 1976 and you're in the right decade. Side note, the house was built in 2007.

What fortune! What luck! My husband put himself through college working in a cabinet mill and has always been a really handy guy - he can fix or build ANYTHING. For my part, I went to school for Interior Design and afterward worked in an architectural firm. This was going to be our dream remodel project. 

Except for ONE THING.  We're broke and I'm a cheap-o.  

Okay, we're not really broke.  My husband has an excellent job as an engineer and I am an unpaid domestic goddess. The reality is though, that neither of us wanted to go in to debt to make any changes and do this remodel so we decided to do it slowly and pay for things as we went. 

Now, nearly 4 years later, we have some of the things on our list crossed off.  Some still awaiting completion and others still waiting to get done. Some of the things we've been living with are down right embarrassing and others have been manageable - aside from trying my aesthetic patience. 

Join me on our remodel journey, won't you.  I promise that I won't and haven't gotten everything right. There are already things I would change and other things I can't believe I was lucky enough to stumble across and get it right. I'll also let you know how we did things, where we got the items we have and how to avoid some of the pitfalls we've run across. In short, I'll try to impart some knowledge.  Take that for the two cents it's worth!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook